Friday, June 26, 2009

A new Race

It was a hot and humid Thursday afternoon with a long drive in front of me. Today is a new race I will race (something new is good and part of my plans for the year, "keeping it fresh" ) There was only one real thought on the way there and It was to ride behind someone for the first lap no matter what place I'm in, I will have no time to preride. I get to the race in river falls and start to get ready, there is hardly time for even a little warm up (not what I prefer but o well ). The race official said "do 3 laps, do the jeep hill on your first lap not on lap 2 & 3" ( I talked to berry about this again to understand better, start area not the same and no coming out of the woods at the bottom of the hill like we do at the border battle). We line up and Go, I wait for berry to go out front for the start and I push others aside to stay with berry! I road with berry for 1.5 laps but you could tell the rigid S.S was getting to him. So on the 2nd field I had gears and I used them, so I went and passed berry witch was a nice pace but now I went full on for 1.5 laps( buck hill style fast). I raced as hard as I could for the last 1.5 laps and there was no one in sight! I raced and finished in the # 1 spot. 1st place ...cool, It felt good . I packed my stuff and went home, great night the weather cooled and the drive was nice I went though Prescott and drove country roads home. Dana had fajitas waiting for me, That was nice. Great day!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map