Monday, June 29, 2009

KATO



Like kato (Bruce lee)from the show the green hornet.
Mt.Kato is a course that is fast and if your not ready the down hills can give you a kick in the face fast. With some caution I started the race with a slower start knowing this is going to speed up, I needed to be ready for it. with the first lap over and in 13/14th spot (I think), feeling really good and climbing well I started passing a rider or 2 part way in to lap 2 I was in 10th, closing in on fisher and Eric. I closed the gap on lap 3 first hill and sat on there wheels for a lap knowing there is no mans land in front of them so I went there pace for a lap. Lap 4 first hill Fisher fell back and Eric and I held the pace. Eric was riding well but on the tops of the hills he slowed a bit so I was thinking.... Lap 5 First hill we climbed well but at the top I passed Eric and pushed hard off the top and went full on for the rest of the lap, I formed a gap and finished 8th overall and made the $.

2 comments:

Rhody said...

Strong race! Very impressive. I think you did that well because it took you so long to find coffee in morning and because I parked next you. Are you racing on Sunday in the Firecracker?

Andy said...

No firecracker, bozeman Montana for a week. There are no hills just mountains! I cant wait to climb for 1 hour on roads to get to the trail head to climb more!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map