Sunday, June 27, 2010

Back in flight.

I use my bike now for other thing than racing, just going places with it. On my time off from Racing I have been shooting long bow again and making arrows and working on making bows, running and climbing rock walls.



The arrows are made of hide glue,turkey feathers(died with pigment)Douglas fir shafts and animal sinew for wrapping front and ends of feathers. There is some cooking to getting the glue, harvested turkey to get wing feathers and then stripped them, cutting and drying shafts and then working them together to make them fly.


Dana and I made a photo booth, I made the frame from Cro moly tubing. It was 90 feet of tubing it cost less then $90 (thats like 5 bikes LOL). The one thing at my work we have endless cro moly and stainless steel of all shapes and sizes for me to play with. So I welded it and painted it. Dana made the curtains. The rest is done but not in photo. We had a wedding on Friday to try it out and it was a hit.



I have slowed on making metal things, The photo booth got me thinking of things I had made and I am going to get forming thing that my mind likes again. This fish was made from Stainless steel,it was inspired by my first fast motorcycle. It was a GSXR 600 and I felt I could fly just for a bit, but sometimes thats all you need is a taste. Some of my bike upgraded stickers went on to him. He is called "The flying fish"

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map